[MacDV] A Simple 115 Minute Presentation

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Mon Jul 4 20:47:41 PDT 2005

On Jul 4, 2005, at 8:01 PM, T.L. Miller wrote:

> Recently I shot 115 minutes of a presentation on MiniDV tape and did
> minor editing in iMovie HD. I figured burning onto a 2 hr DVD would be
> easy -- wrong!!!
>
> I tried using iDVD, but it wanted me to use Themes and it included
> annoying music and all I wanted was a straight-forward copy of the 115
> minutes that would play incommon DVD players.
>
> I tried using Toast, but it said there wasn't enough space on the DVD.
>
> I went to Apple Discussions and some suggested ways to defeat all the
> fru-fru in iDVD, others suggested that I use Jam in conjunction with
> Toast to get the job done, some wanted me to use QT, but all I wanted
> was a DVD that anyone could play in a common DVD player. Some said to
> "export" out of iMovie, but there was no "export" function that I could
> find. Some didn't agree with each other.
>
> Any other ideas?

INFO: To turn off music and motion menus just press the green running
man button.
To get rid of the backdrop, just create a white (or any other color or
picture that you like) screen in iMOvie.
REnder as a Jpeg. Grab it with your mouse and drag it and drop it into
the theme area.
There's your plain as water DVD.
Embarrassingly simple .