[MacDV] set-up for using my powerbook G4 to edit videos and burn to dvd

olivia block oliviablock at comcast.net
Fri Jul 29 22:17:44 PDT 2005

Hello
 I am interested in using my powerbook G4 to edit videos from my camcorder
and I would like to buy some sort of external DVD burner to transfer the
images to DVD. I am really new to this stuff, and I have tried to use a
consumer DVD recorder to do crude transfers from my camcorder but the DVDs
wouldn't play on anything, including my computer.
 Now I am looking at DVD burners with firewire or whatever instead. I guess
it would be best if these worked with iDVD but it seems like they don't??
Also, is there any external DVD burner which can also be used directly with
the camcorder, like with consumer DVD recorders?
 Any advice would be appreciated
 Thanks