[MacDV] first time DVDSP user - needs quick lesson

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Wed Jun 1 14:02:45 PDT 2005

On Jun 1, 2005, at 4:08 PM, Rizzotto, Dave wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to learn DVDSP but have to create a basic 60min DVD by tomorrow
> and with limited time haven’t been able to figure it out.

Suggestion. Give up go with the flow. Use iDVD.
Use your original QuickTime file. >I have a 12 GB QT file< that one
there.

Load it into FCP 4. Put it on the timeline.
put the cursor at the beginning in the timeline. Press "m" twice. Name
your marker and make it a chapter marker.
Pick, consecutively, four or five other chapter spots and repeat the
process.  Save.
Export Quicktime movie current settings with chapter markers, and I
would go self contained but you might not have to.
Save it to where you can find it and distinguish it from the first one
with a snappy name.
NOW open iDVD, pick a theme, and drop in your video(the one you just
made).
Be careful to distinguish between the actual loading zone and the "drop
zones" where you put video into the menus.
  If you want some of that, then load your original QT file into QT
player and copy and paste a few bits.
save your DVD as a disc image (menu option) then you won't be caught
short when someone asks for a copy.
Stick on your screen saver and watch TV for a while . Don't mess with
your computer while iDVD is crunching the file.

Jim