[MacDV] Fwd: Pioneer DVD recorder

Peter Tattersall ptatters at zerobyzero.ca
Wed Jun 8 17:25:19 PDT 2005

The DVR-109 is NOT seen as a directly supported drive on all machines
and all OS versions. On my system, 10.4 shows it, 10.3.9 does not.

However, you can make it show up using PatchBurn (google it!).

On a Quicksilver running 10.3.9 after applying PatchBurn:

PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-109:

   Manufacturer:	PIONEER
   Model:	PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-109
   Revision:	1.17
   Drive Type:	CD-RW/DVD-RW
   Disc Burning:	Vendor Supported
   Removable Media:	Yes
   Detachable Drive:	No
   Protocol:	ATAPI
   Unit Number:	0
   Socket Type:	Internal

I paid C$70 a couple of months ago, and the price keeps falling!

This is not the most recent revision of the Pioneer ROM, though. As far
as I can determine the most recent revision is 1.50 but ROM updates are
currently only possible through PC's.

On 7-Jun-05, at 5:33 PM, Kunga wrote:

> Yes and it will be seen by OS X as as a supported DVR. Great price.
> Last weekend they were $46 there.

Peter Tattersall
http://www.zerobyzero.ca/Starstruck/
L'Osservatore Ponte di Legno