[MacDV] Scratched DVD - tips?

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Sun Jun 12 08:06:50 PDT 2005

--On June 12, 2005 02:15:37 AM -0400 Timothy Luoma <lists at tntluoma.com> wrote:

> Well before I had a chance to make a backup of it, our son scratched  his
> favorite DVD.  Our fault, not his.  Actually lots of small ones,  not one
> big one.

[...]
> Are there any for-sale products (sprays, equipment, etc) or home- remedies
> that might work?

Our local Video Stardom franchise video rental store has a
polishing/restoring machine for DVDs which they use to restore discs
mishandled by customers. It's available for doing customer disks also. They
charge $4. Call around to some of your major video shops to see if they might
have a polishing machine that they would make available. That would likely be
superior to most home remedies.

--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com