[MacDV] Transferring files from Mac to DVD/HDD combo unit?

Patty Winter patty1 at sonic.net
Mon Mar 14 18:31:32 PST 2005

Just a quick followup. "Export to camera" from iMovie didn't work.
It said I didn't have a camera connected, or the record tab wasn't
in place. I suspect that iMovie sends out a signal and expects a
certain response that my DVD recorder didn't provide.

Simple Video Out, however, worked perfectly. And thank heavens for
that O'Reilly article, or I never would have figured out how to
use it! (Or that I could throw away most of the files in the Stuffit
archive.)

Perhaps other HDDs and DVD recorders will communicate properly
with iMovie, but in my situation, it was SVO that did the trick.

Patty