[MacDV] DVD-R vs. DVD+R

Richard Dalziel-Sharpe dalshar at optushome.com.au
Wed Mar 16 21:14:54 PST 2005

I have almost always used "shintaro" branded DVD-R discs in speeds from
1x up to 8x. We have 3 Macs, G4, G5, an iBook and 3 stand alone DVD
players and a Sony PlayStation.  I have only burnt a couple of
coasters. But all successful burns have played equally well in all of
the hardware we have. I have also sent my DVDs to relatives in US and
UK and
they have had no problems with them.
"shintaro" is the cheapest I can find here in Melbourne, Australia. I
buy them in spindles of 50 for less than a dollar each. I have never
tried DVD+R.  I have found that our standalone players are picky about
DVD-RW (re-writable) the Playstation in particular seems to have a real
aversion to them.
Richard Dalziel-Sharpe
Australia