[MacDV] Re: capture everything on screen

Nick Scalise nickscalise at mac.com
Sat Mar 26 20:23:42 PST 2005

Would you happen to know how the Folsom products compare to the Canopus
TwinPact100?

I recently had to do some capturing of video coming out of a
proprietary satellite reciever. It outputs standard 640x480 VGA video.
The TwinPact100, while capturing the video adequately, wasn't what I
was expecting.

The video that was captured looked as though it was captured at 320x240
and then scaled up to 640x480 for DV. I was under the impression that
it would capture pixel for pixel.

Were my expectations incorrect, do all scan converters just capture
'low res'?

TIA

--
Nick Scalise