[MacDV] Creating a DV movie

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Tue May 3 19:29:06 PDT 2005

On May 3, 2005, at 8:56 PM, macminialacool at mac.com wrote:

> Hey,
>
> So how do I create a playable DVD via a disk image.... I think all I
> did was just create a data DVD.
>
> Chris

You could spend some time with the various directions, instructions and
web pages associated with your software.
This is not your first Mac experience. Try to think a little.
Build your DVD with iDVD.
Then when you think you have what you want
Choose Save as disc image from the file menu.
it will create a disc image.. Make it go to your desktop to keep it
easy.
  Now... You've seen a disc image before haven't you?
This is a standard regular format for the transmission and storage of
Macintosh data. Everything is data.
Of course it's data.
And like every other disc image you have to double click it to access
the data in it's proper form.
So... You double click it. It will create qa folder on the desktop.
Inside the folder will be your TS files.
  The whole folder is your DVD.
Stick a DVD in your drive. Drop the whole folder on it and use the
contextual menu ( you do know what that is don't you?
  You control click on the DVD icon and select "BURN".
There's your DVD burning away.
  Or if you have TOAST: Choose DVD from  the Toast menus and drop the
folder in the window.
  You cannot use just the TS files you have to have the folder as a
wrapper. Name it anything that suits you.
Cheez and crackers Chris try to do these things logically according to
what you should already know.
This particular routine is dead easy .
Jim