[MacDV] iLife4 install

David Rice davidrice at rogers.com
Thu May 5 19:03:50 PDT 2005

On 5-May-05, at 9:45 PM, Kim wrote:

> I have iLife 4 and want to install iDVD. I have everything else
> installed but never installed iDVD since I did not have a DVD
> drive. I borrowed a friends internal DVD drive, was that a joke
> installing. Now when I run the iLife installer I get the message,
> One of these applications is running, list of ilafe apps, Please
> quit these apps before installing. Then all I can do is close the
> installer. I has no apps running when trying this. Just yesterday I
> did all the Macjanitor and permission fixes. Any idea how to get
> the installer to work?

Hi: Run a program called Activity Monitor.

Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor

Type Command - 1 to show the activity window.

Choose the process: iTunesHelper and Stop the process.

Now you should be able to install iDVD with a custom install.

The installer mistakes iTunes Helper for iTunes.

HTH
David