[MacDV] Burning a DVD via a disc image...

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 17 21:06:01 PDT 2005

On 5/17/05 7:30 PM, "Brett Conlon" <brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au> wrote:

> If you've trashed your project files and all you have is your DVD copy
> then making a disc image for burning to another disc is one of the best
> options you have.

But if I still have my project files, this thread seems to be indicating
that there's still another reason to create a disc image of a project. If I
were to guess, I'd say that if you have limited disc space on your internal
drive, is the idea to make a disc image, keep it on the internal drive for
future burns, and then transfer all the raw material off onto an external
drive or burn it to a DVD to save space on your internal drive? Is that the
reason?

Brian