[MacDV] Importing from Playstation 2 to iMovie

Brett Conlon brett.conlon at SonyDADC.com
Tue Nov 29 18:35:02 PST 2005

Hi Thom,

My son loves to record playbacks of moves he does in a BMX game he has.

Basically, we hooked one of the video out ports on the PS2 to the VHS
recorder. He then recorded to tape what he wanted.

I've also captured footage off VHS tapes using my DV camera.

As for recording directly through the PS2's Firewire port, I don't believe
it is designed for that. I doubt the video is being sent to that port at
all. I'm guessing but I agree that the port is more likely for connecting
to other devices or connecting hard drives for game storage etc.

So if you have a DV camera either connect it directly to the PS2 video out
ports or to your VHS player (if the footage is already on tape). Set the
camera to play-through mode and connect it to your Mac via Firewire.

You should then be able to capture the footage through the camera directly
to your Mac.

Cheers,

Cojcolds

Thom Holland <tholland at san.rr.com>

Hi all,

My daughter needs to import a short segment from a game on her PS2.  I can
physically connect the PS2 to her iBook with a Firewire cable, but when I
set iMovie to import, I get a message stating that the camera is not
connected.  Is there a way to do what I want to do?

TiA,