[MacDV] Mac dv to Windows Media Video

Neil Poese npoese at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 23 09:10:50 PDT 2005

I have a high school Mac  dv-based video lab and several of my students
want to burn CDs of their clips.

With QuickTime I can get .dv files that will burn on the CDs, but they
are too large to play on either my Mac or PC without copying them to the
computer. I can create 320x240 15fps QT files, but they're small and
low-quality.

Since WMV is so good now, would it be possible to bring the .dv CD to a
windows machine and basically transcode them to a WMV file that I can
burn onto another CD will play from the CD and be better quality than
1/2 speed and 1/2 size?

Thanks,
Neil Poese