[MacDV] final cut pro

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Sat Apr 22 08:47:27 PDT 2006

On Apr 21, 2006, at 11:52 PM, TM Buffalo wrote:

>  I just got a copy version 4
> Can I learn to use this program from a book or do I need to take a
> class. has anyone taught themselve?
> right now I'm hitting many walls with iMove and looking forward to
> using a better editing program.
> so far I've played around with it and it looks difficult.
> everything I've done on my mac is self taught including hardware
> upgrade etc. so I'm ready to jump in

If you are lacking the manuals, you could email me , I have a few
sets. for 3+4.
The biggest thing is not to let the interface scare you.
Mostly everything that FCP can do can be done at least 4 different ways.
Menu, Icon,(button) Contextual menu, or direct drag.
There are a number of interface tweaks you can make to simplify the
look or put more tools on the timeline.
There are books from  bookstores, DVD's and tutorial CD's, and some
online tutorials ( dvcreators.net )
If you are lacking a set of Manuals email offlist .

Now my problem......
How can I set my stuff to capture DV with a stereo soundtrack instead
of dual mono ?
FCP 5.
Jim