[MacDV] 40 minute program onto (1) DVD

rgb at ellerbach.com rgb at ellerbach.com
Mon Dec 18 11:41:25 PST 2006

On Mon, December 18, 2006 9:46 am, KS wrote:
> I've just edited an iMovie program which is almost 40 minutes in
> length.  Toast won't let me burn it since it's 8.47 Gig.

You're trying to archive the DV file rather than making a playable DVD right?

If you have a camera you can write the DV file back out to tape via iMovie
and store the tape (they tend to last longer than DVDs anyway).

> I've heard someone talk about "breaking" a program into two segments
> so it can be recorded onto (2) DVDs.  What's the best way to do that,
> please?

You could use iMovie to make two or three smaller movies from yor original
and then store them on separate DVDs.

Rich