[MacDV] Size and position of subtitles/subpictures in a DVD

sgtgeorgecarter sgtgeorgecarter at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 20:42:28 PST 2006

On 1/3/06, Aaron <macuser at aarons.fastmail.fm> wrote:

> ? Is the subtitle/subpicture restricted to a relatively small area of the screen?

As I recall yes. But I can't find the info on it. maybe if you found
an anime fansub group they'd have more up to date info.

> ? If it is restricted, is it restricted in such a way as to appear only at the bottom when displayed with ordinary commercial DVD players?

It may have been restricted by the original equipment, I don't know.

http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/theora/2002-December/000057.html
may have info on your closed captioning question.

Donna