[MacDV] Re: how to edit a VIDEO_TS folder

sb videovideo at mac.com
Tue Oct 10 00:13:44 PDT 2006

The MPEG2 component comes with DVD Studio Pro. If you don't have that
application, then you will have to go to Apple Downloads and buy the MPEG2
component.

There are other solutions that don't require you to buy the Apple MPEG2
component, it's just that MPEGStreamclip is a very good application.

Once you have the MPEG2 component, you look under the File menu and choose
DV as the codec. You also need a place to save your ripped files (and
remember, DV video takes up 12GB per hour)

You can also use the in and out markers to choose a chunk, if you don't want
the entire movie. Then choose a VOB (the biggest one will be the main movie)
and off you go ripping.

 hth,

 sb