[MacDV] FCP- Importing Music Files

Dominion Market Research ross at dmrmail.com
Mon Oct 16 05:16:14 PDT 2006

Ian,

I believe the iTunes issue has to do with Copyright protection on the
music. You need to take extra steps such as what you've done or burn
the music to a CD and then import into FCP/E.

Ross Hunter
Orange, VA

>I am using the latest version of FCP on a 2.66 duo-core MacPro.
>
>When I try to import music into FCP from iTunes the iTunes library
>is greyed out and upon going to User>Music>iTunes>iTunes Music I end
>up with a list of artists rather than "songs".   I have been getting
>around this by dragging a copy of the music I require from the
>actual iTunes window to the Desktop and then importing the resultant
>file into FCP.
>
>Can someone give me a clue how to access the iTunes library from FCP please?
>

>My other problem is that when I go to do "dissolve", or "Iris"
>transitions in the timeline I end up with footage (artifacts?) from
>a completely unrelated clip appearing within part of the transition.
>I have tried closing down FCP and reopening it but the same thing
>still happens.   There is no sign of the unwanted footage between
>the two clips prior to attempting to do a transition.  I never had
>this problem in iMovie.
>
>Any clues please?
>
>Ian Tucker
>
>Listmom is trying to clean out his closets! Vintage Mac and random stuff:

Dominion Market Research-mailing services for Central Virginia
309 Madison Road
PO Box 791
Orange VA 22960-0464
USA
1-540-672-2327   1-800-328-2588   fax: 1-540-672-0296
http://www.dmrmail.com