[MacDV] FCE HD export to camera help

Joan Keenan janjay at mac.com
Sat Feb 3 08:30:07 PST 2007

Hi to all,

I know there has been some discussion here before about problems, but
am hoping that someone came up with a fix :)

Macmini 1.66 GHz Intel Core Duo - 2 GB RAM - OS 10.4.8
Final Cut Express HD 3.5.1

I have been unable to export to camera - SonyDCR-TRV460 Digital 8 or
Sony DCR-HC30 minidv or Sony DCR-HC20

I can import fine from any of the 3 cameras I have tried, but export
to camera either gives me black and white interference blocks (or
whatever the real term is), picture but dropped frames, or recording,
but blue screen remains and nothing gets recorded.

I am using print to video command.

Now this morning in trying to isolate the problem I was able to
create a short video on the internal hard drive and export fine!!!!
just when I was sitting down to write to the list and say it couldn't
be done!!! :-)

However the movie that I want to back up to dv tape is on an external
hard drive and since the mini only has one firewire connection I use
either a second port on the drive or have tried going through a
firewire hub. The movie and supporting files is too big to fit on the
internal drive.

Any suggestions?????

Thanks for any help,

Joan Keenan