[MacDV] QUES: trouble with DVD+RW files

Tiik at aol.com Tiik at aol.com
Sun Feb 25 11:12:14 PST 2007

Hi,

I have been asked to make a DVD documentary by March 19,
using Hi8 footage and photographs to create documentary movie sans audio.
Yay!!!

EQUIPMENT:
at home---533MHz PowerPC G4 Graphite with OSX 10.3 AND external Lacie DVD+RW
at work----1.25GHz MDD G4 dual with OSX 10.3.9   with internal DVD drive

I will be making this movie on both machines...very likely...well,
that is what I want to do...so I can work at home too.

THE PLAN:
- Dub all Hi8 tapes to DVD's (this is where the problem comes in)
- scan all photo's to my Mac using Photoshop (no problems here)
- use those with my Mac and Adobe Premiere 4.2 and/or 5.1, which I've used
for 9 yrs,
to create a final DVD documentary movie.
I have used Power Point, iMovie and Final Cut Pro in the past but I know
Premiere really well.

The PROBLEM:---at home---
I dubbed some Hi8 footage to a Fuji DVD+RW and cannot get my Mac to read the
files.

Using my 533MHz PowerPC G4 Graphite with OSX 10.3
I put the DVD into the external Lacie DVD+RW,
and had to do a "Region"   initialization...or something like that before it
would   be accepted...
the DVD showed up on the desktop, all good so far....

Apple's "DVD Player" opened automatically,
played the DVD, and the movie IS there...so the dubbing worked...all good
there.

I then went to iMovie (OSX 10.3) AND Adobe Premiere( OS 9.1)...to import the
files and found that
neither application can read the files.
The DVD has 2 folders on it. VIDEO_RM   and VIDEO_TS
The files inside the folders are not readable. Wahhhh!!!

I have been using Premiere for 9 yrs. I cannot figure this out.
Hellllllllp....please....if you can!!!I am at a loss.

Tiik
202.232.4825