[MacDV] Mini Camcorder1

Rich rgb at ellerbach.com
Mon Feb 26 04:39:14 PST 2007

On 26-2-2007 2:10, Gordon Alley wrote:
> Based upon what I read on the Amazon.com site, the camera contains the
> necessary software internally. I'm guessing that it mounts on the
> desktop as a storage device (like a thumb drive), and the software can
> be run from that volume. But that still doesn't answer if the software
> is Mac-compatible.

 From their FAQ:

        Use the Camcorder with Your Computer

To use the camcorder with your computer:

    * Slide latch down to release the USB connector arm on your camcorder
    * Insert the camcorder USB arm into a USB port on your computer
    * Note: Use a USB extension cable (not included) if the USB arm is
      obstructed or space does not permit connection.
    * On Windows computers:
          o A dialog should appear asking you to choose what you want
            Windows to do
          o Choose "View your Point & Shoot videos using the program
            provided on the device" and click "OK"
          o The Point & Shoot Video program should then start automatically
          o Use the Point & Shoot Video program to playback, save, email
            and delete videos
          o If program does not start automatically:
                + Open My Computer and double-click "Point & Shoot Video
                  Camcorder"
                + Double-click "View Your Videos" to start the program
                + Use the Point & Shoot Video program to playback, save,
                  email and delete videos
    * On Macintosh computers
          o Double-click the "Point&Shoot" icon on your Desktop
          o Double-click the ReadMe icon and follow the instructions to
            install and start the Point & Shoot Video program.
          o Use the Point & Shoot Video program to playback, save, email
            and delete videos

Note: Camcorder will not record when connected to a computer. **