[MacDV] FCP/QT Pro/DVD SP

carlian carlian at picknowl.com.au
Fri May 18 15:10:54 PDT 2007

You may recall about a week ago I contacted the List as I was having
trouble with exporting from FCP - HD projects to QT.   I was ending
up with one black frame around the position where a transition
started and  quite a few other transitions were being ignored.

It turned out that I was trying to convert HD Projects to SD DV PAL
Anamorphic in the QT Export process.  Over a too long a period I
discovered I had to export to QT at "Current Settings" and to then
convert to DV PAL Anamorphic in Compressor.

What I don't like about Compressor is that it takes a long time to
process a movie.     What I do like about it is you can queue several
projects and then go to bed .   I also like the quality of the
compressed film.

I have had mixed advice regarding "Make Movie Self Contained".
Some say do it and others say to uncheck it as it saves one lot of
encoding.    I have been using the latter with good results.

FWIW

Ian Tucker