[MacDV] Re: Breaking DVD film up into clips

Gerhard Kuhn gerhardk at mac.com
Mon Aug 25 11:00:32 PDT 2008

Most older Sony Camcorders had the ability to act as a digital
converter, it seems a lot of newer cameras have omitted that feature
but you can get around it by recording analog input to tape.
Apparently a lot of European cameras have the feature disabled because
of a taxation  issue that would have a camera that can record from a
analog input be taxed as a VCR with the money intended to go to the
movie industry and help with piracy losses.

Gerhard