[MacDV] Sony Handy Cam CCD-V9

Trueman H. Hight thhight at comcast.net
Thu May 22 13:13:03 PDT 2008

Just to let you know.  I received my head cleaning cassette and ran
it through the camcorder several times to no avail.  Still have the
white squiggly.

Thanks for the advice anyway.

Trueman

If you play the first tape in your Handycam again, does it have the
white squiggly, too? If so, your Handycam heads may be dirty. Try a
head-cleaning cassette in it and see if that fixes it.

If the first tape again plays with NO white squiggly, then
the problem is apparently on the other tapes, not in your Handycam
(maybe the heads on the recording camcorder were dirty when the tapes
were made). In that case, the only solution that I can think of would
be to crop the video on those tapes to exclude the white squiggly. If
you could use iMovie 8, it has a cropping function built in (but I
think it will run only on an Intel Mac). I believe there are
3rd-party plugins for older versions of iMovie to accomplish this.

-Gordon