[MacDV] Imovie'o8

Allan allan at dsol.co.uk
Mon Oct 13 16:48:16 PDT 2008

It is unfortunate that Apple decided to replace iMovie 06 with a much
more 'consumer friendly' version in iMovie 08. Unfortunately by doing
so, they have deprived a lot of users of the almost professional
touches that can be achieved in iMovie 06 with its editing options and
the ability to use some of the great plug-ins from GeeThree.

(http://www.geethree.com/slick/index.html)

The ability to play a completed project back to the camera tape for
storage while also having the original footage on another tape for
future re-editing, is also a much more cost effective alternative to
buying extra hard drive space all the time.

I am also glad that this has not just been my opinion. I recently
asked two groups to edit their projects using both iMovie 06 and then
08. When I asked for thier opinions 96% of all participants chose 06.
(4% were absent.)

Allan Johns.