[MacDV] Re: MacBook Pro connection to big screen TV set?

sb videovideo at mac.com
Wed Apr 22 16:33:48 PDT 2009

That bigscreen tv got an HDMI input?

If you have the earlier MBP with the built in DVI port, buy a DVI to
HDMI cable.

Some new laptops require a dongle (miniDVI to DVI). If you have one of
those, you'll need the dongle and the DVI-HDMI cable.

Works as a big 2nd monitor. You can choose extended desktop or mirror.

DVI-HDMI cables are easily available online. I have a 6' and 12'.
Works great.

  regards,

  sb