Good things come...

Scott Jacob Loehr scott.loehr at verizon.net
Mon Jan 13 01:01:26 PST 2003

>I still use my Windows based PCs but only for virtual synths like Gigastudio,
>Wizoo's Virtual Guitarist, Spectrasonic's Trilogy (when it ships at the end
>of this month).
>
>Mike Knox
>Big Mo Music

	I just bought Native Instrument's Kontakt almost exclusively
to be able to run Giga libraries on my Mac within Digital Performer.
Little did I know (well, actually, I did once I researched the
various programs) that it would also let me run so many other
formats... Akai, EXS24, HALion, Battery, SoundFont2, LM4, AIFF, and
WAV files.  Not to mention Emu in the near future... I've got a
pretty big Emu library, and the thought of running it all off of one
of my hard drives is quite promising.  My two Emu samplers are maxxed
out at 128 and 64 MB of RAM, which regularly requires compromises
within large ensemble sequences.  Also makes archiving projects a lot
more tedious.

	Bottom line for me... the only reason that I've EVER
considered buying a peecee (running Giga libraries) appears to have
happily disappeared from my horizon.

Scott Jacob Loehr

p.s.  I guess the only downside is figuring out where to put a few
200+ GB hard drives to hold all these great libraries that are
emerging!