[MPA] Headphones

Filipe M. macfilipe at netcabo.pt
Sat Mar 8 21:45:38 PST 2003

On Domingo, Mar 9, 2003, at 05:17 Europe/Lisbon, Scott Jacob Loehr
wrote:

> 	I've had great luck with Yamaha RH-5M headphones.  They're not quite
> as flat and full-range as my AKG 240s, but at $32 each, they were an
> easy choice when I had to add 12 sets to my studio for singers &
> string players.  They've got plenty of output; far more than the
> 'older' AKG and Sennheisers.  I've also seen ads for the 'new' AKG
> 240s, which supposedly have a hotter output (yay) and a detachable
> cord (YAY!).  Granted, they're around $95, but way worth it for
> critical stuff.

Anybody ever tried the AudioTechnica ATH-M40fs?

http://www.audiotechnica.com/guide/other/headset/ATHM40fs.html

I have been using them for a few years and I really like the flat
response; they don't have that exagerated boom that muds up the mix but
rather feature a very "polite" bass, that only shows what's really
there.
Oh, output is no problem for them, and they also feature replaceable
parts. Maybe a bit on the expensive side, too, but as Scott said, way
worth it. :-)

Best,

Filipe