[MPA] Cubase SX

Barry Warsaw mac at wooz.org
Wed May 28 08:04:06 PDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 09:49, Howard Scudder wrote:
> Should I wait to buy Cubase SX?  I am running a G4
> tower and using an Imic for audio input.  I have heard
> that Cubase does not support Imic and Griffin does not
> have drivers for imic.  It seems Steinberg will come
> out with ver. 1.06 at some point. Will that help me?
> Also have heard that Apple will address several audio
> problems in a update to 10. 2.
>
> Is there a sound card that I could get (not to high
> end) that would let me interface with Cubase?  I do
> not do anything major as far as recording.  Just
> layering some tracks one at a time.

I've been using SX since it came out.  My audio h/w is an M-audio Omni
I/O which as near as I can tell, works perfectly in SX.  In fact, it
works much better in SX than VST/32.  I think street price for this box
is in the U$450-500 range.

I'd love to see an SX update to fix some of the glitches in 1.052.
Hopefully they'll release the Mac version at the same time as the PC
version.  Do you have any more information, or a link, about what would
be in a 1.06 release?

-Barry