[MPA] Logic Express Pricing from Apple

luke etyrnal at ameritech.net
Wed Oct 6 20:29:29 PDT 2004

On Wednesday, October 6, 2004, at 01:31  PM, Jamie Pruden wrote:

> They reconfigured the software so that there really isn't a comparable
> product... the "upgrade" (really a new product) price was almost as
> much as the full price on the original product. Ugh.

your lucky - Steinberg sells a bug-fix to it's $799 Cubase SX
(basically the most expensive BETA ever) for $150...

i love it when a software company tries to sell you the bug-fixes as
the `new version'...

I hope there's a SPECIAL place in HELL for people who are behind this
new-era scheme/business-model that a lot of modern companies seem to be
adopting!