[MV] Re: Voice model updating in VV possible

T. Patrick Henebry tphenebry at comcast.net
Mon Dec 16 14:28:27 PST 2002

>I really hope I'm wrong about this ...  I hope that those SpeakPad
>improvements are being stored along the way ... Any ideas?

  I have found that if you do the following: set your preferences so
that ViaVoice analyzes documents when performing a manual save, and
make sure that you click on the Setup Assistant button (middle button
on the bottom row in the Voice Center group of nine buttons) just
prior to saving your document then using recorded speech to improve
your voice model becomes unnecessary.  In fact, I have checked the
box that tells ViaVoice not to ask me this question again.

Using the Setup Assistant is not necessarily required after starting
it by pressing the buttons, but performing this step prior to  saving
the document is necessary to word other problems which can cause
crashes when using ViaVoice with Jaguar.

You might want to contact technical support by e-mail and ask them if
they can tell you when and under what circumstances voice model and
/or error correction information is saved.