Correcting Text - Voice command

Martin Markoe martin at speechcontrol.com
Tue Nov 26 02:56:35 PST 2002

RevDave wrote:

When I say the phrase " correct ... THISWORD" it's simply types the
dictation: " correct ... THISWORD" - on the document rather than going into
edit mode. I have said tried to say this many different ways - slow - fast -
separated
- all run together etc. - but often the problem still continues.

and Karen wrote:
I have similar problems, such as it typing "capitalize this" instead of
knowing the command, or when I use the word "current" it thinks I'm telling
it to correct.

Speech Recognition software has to have a method for understanding when
you're dictating words or commands. I have used all the major Speech
Recognition software during the past nine years in this field. The way the
software does this is by expecting a short pause before a command is issued.
When I want to correct a specific word (this was said with no pause and came
out correctly), I will say the word "correct" pause slightly and then say
the word or words I expect to be corrected with the correction box.

While we are on the subject of corrections I would like to mention what I
feel is the best way to correct difficult words. By this I'm in words that
you constantly applied to correction to and are constantly coming up in
correct. For example, in the previous sentence the word incorrect came up in
correct. In this case I will select not only the incorrect word but the
words on either side (the word in correct came up). This way when you save
your correction it did not only save the word but saves the context of how
you are using that word.

Martin Markoe, eMicrophones, Inc.
The best microphones for Speech Recognition
See us at: http://www.eMicrophones.com
See, "Key Steps to High Speech Recognition Accuracy for the Mac" at:
http://www.emicrophones.com/articles/Mac_Key_Steps.asp