[MV] Ilisten and ViaVoice

Domains4Days.com Lists at domains4days.com
Thu Aug 28 07:32:08 PDT 2003

On 8/25/03 11:46 AM, "Camner" <camner at iname.com> wrote:

> 1.  Recognition accuracy is far below VV at similar stages of training and
> use.  Is this just me, or is this a common phenomenon?

Related item: When I use IBM ViaVoice 3.0 with the SpeakPad, recognition
accuracy is very high - 95 percent or better.  However, when I use ViaVoice
in other programs, such as this e-mail, I have found that recognition
accuracy sometimes dips well below 95 percent! To compensate, I am forced to
speak even slower and more clearly.  I do not believe the microphone setup
is an issue.

Q:  Has anybody else experienced this phenomenon? Any ideas for improvement?

Q:  Could this be related to iListen recognition accuracy issues -  since
in fact it only works in other programs and does not have its own " SpeakPad
" type software?

--
RevDave
Lists at domains4days.com