[MV] Re: ViaVoice update 3.02

T. Patrick Henebry tphenebry at comcast.net
Fri Jan 3 13:13:24 PST 2003

>There is one report at the versiontracker site of the update not
>working for Mac OS X 10.2.3.  Any alternate or supporting reports?

I have not as of yet encountered any problems.  But having said that
I took the precaution of to the following after installing the update
to ViaVoice:

* first I opened and the Receipts folder found within the Library
folder on the root level of the hard drive and deleted the receipt
for the update to 10.2.3

* next I downloaded the standalone installer for the OS update from
Apple's web site and reinstalled the OS update

I cannot quite tell yet whether there have been any speed
improvements or accuracy improvements over what I noticed when I
first installed the update to 10.2.3 when it first came out

The problems encountered when attempting to add new words that are
found during a document analysis on save do indeed seem to be fixed.
I do not yet know if the problems have been fixed when ViaVoice
attempts to update your voice model from recorded speech.