[MV] Re: Microphones

JSenecal at aol.com JSenecal at aol.com
Mon Jul 7 15:01:54 PDT 2003

>> Since I have an earlier G4 I don't need to use a USB
>> converter.
>
>This is only true for iListen.  VV 3 (the OS X version) and enhanced (the
>later OS 9 version) will only work with a USB Microphone or an Analogue
>Microphone with a USB converter.  VV Millennium (the first version) will
>work with either after you apply the patch from IBM.

Actually, the updated version of VV 3 seems to work on Jaguar with an
analog microphone. I noticed that it wasn't complaining about no
microphone when there was no USB microphone plugged, so I tried it. I
didn't do more than a quick test to see if VV could get input from an
analog mic however, so try this only if you already have the hardware.

Joe Senecal