[MV] Re: iListen v1.6 setup

T. Patrick Henebry tphenebry at comcast.net
Sat Jun 7 11:22:34 PDT 2003

>Recommending the
>three microphones you support is a disservice in my opinion. It is like
>buying a high end finely tuned sports car and then using watered-down gas to
>drive around.
>
>Realizing the limitations built in to the new iListen software I highly
>recommend the use of the VXI TalkPro microphone.

Well,

I have not tried the TalkPro, but the combination of a TalkPro Xpress
(the TalkPro without a battery box) and an Andrea Electronics USB pod
works very well with iListen. It's the combination I recommend. (It
would be interesting to see how well either TalkPro worked with a
Griffin iMic.)

I'd have to agree with you on the VXi parrott and the two Telex
microphones being poor choices. I speak from experience as a
long-time speech recognition user. I would not recommend the VXi
Parrott or the two Telex models to anybody. I've always gotten poor
to mediocre results with Parrott microphones, and I have heard
nothing but complaints about those two Telex models from others. It's
a shame to pair a decent speech recognition program with poor
microphones.

This message was dictated using:

15 inch LCD iMac with SuperDrive
800 MHz G4
768 MB RAM
VXi TalkPro Xpress connected to an Andrea Electronic USB pod
Mac OS X 10.2.6
iListen version 1.6.0