[MV] iListen v1.6 setup

Michael Gherrity mike at gherrity.org
Sat Jun 28 02:13:10 PDT 2003

Hi,
I have tried the suggestions of this e-mail list and wish to return the
results I have obtained thus far.  My problem originated with setting
up iListen. I have not got iListen to work yet since I have been
concentrating on ViaVoice.

The fundamental problem with my setup was that the USB hub was not
powered.  So I bought a powered USB hub and connected my microphone and
sound pod directly to the port on the G4.  I had thought a USB hub was
like an Ethernet hub, silly me.  I have noticed better accuracy but I
don't know whether that is due to my getting better at talking to a
speech recognition program or to bypassing the USB hub and connecting
directly to the G4.  My other peripherals now work however.  Thanks for
all the help.

	 mike

ps.  I have
G4 933 Mhz, 1 GB Ram
Jaguar Mac OS X 10.2.6
Buddy /Gooseneck (non USB) mic connected to
Andrea USB sound pod connected directly to a G4 USB port
Belkin USB 4-port hub (powered) connected directly to a G4 USB port