could use some help

C.C. fuzzy44 at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 29 12:19:25 PST 2004

Hello. I am just getting started with Voice Recognition and needed some
advice (or suggestions for a website for beginners.)

First of all I didn't know what kind of mic to get. I really liked my Apple
plain talk mic but it doesn't fit the audio input port on the back of the
mirror door G4. I have been reading that I can no longer use this mic and
there is no adapter for it. Even the Griffin iMic does not support the Apple
PlainTalk Mic.

I will be using this primarily with iListen but want the option of using it
with other recording software.

I'd appreciate recommendations for mics to use with the built-in audio input
port on this computer, which I assume is pretty good -
OR... Is it advisable to forego the built-in audio input jack and use a USB
mic? If I went with a USB mic, do I still need to get the Griffin iMic for
built-in USB.

Thanks for any help. I know that these questions are very elementary but I
have to get started someplace. I have been researching this on the web and
the more I read the more confused I get because most info out there insists
there is no audio input port on the newer G4's but my 2003 G4 MD definitely
has it.

Thanks again C.C.