[MV] Using iListen to open applications

Chuck Rogers chuck.rogers at macspeech.com
Sun Aug 28 06:29:20 PDT 2005

Tara:

Make sure you don't move the cursor or change the formatting in your
document before you employ Correction. In the Correction window,
there is a "No Spaces" button you can use. Information on how and
when to use this can be found on page 22 of the User's Guide, which
can be found inside the Documentation folder, which is in the
MacSpeech folder inside the Applications folder on your hard drive.

The command to "switch" to another application is simply "Open." So
say "Open Mail." If it is not open, it will launch. If it is already
running, it will come to the front.

To create a command for Firefox, either create a new Global set (you
could all it "My Globals"), or create a new Command in the Voice
Launcher set, then drag the icon for Firefox into the content area of
the new command. iListen will write the script for opening the
application. Name it "Open Firefox." Close the window, press the
"Save" button and you are done. (You must be using version 1.6.8 for
this to work, we just introduced this feature.)

The ease of creating commands and the degree to which you can control
things are one of the advantages iListen has over Dragon
NaturallySpeaking.

You can find more information and assistance regarding iListen in our
online Knowledgebase. To get there, click the word "Support" on the
top of any MacSpeech web page, then click the link to the
Knowledgebase. You can also create a support ticket there with any
questions you may have.

Best Regards,

Chuck Rogers, Chief Evangelist
MacSpeech, Inc.