[MV] IBM ViaVoice 3 and 10.4.7

revDAVE coolcat at hosting4days.com
Tue Aug 29 14:35:02 PDT 2006

A few hours ago - I wrote an e-mail to the list manager - to fix a our spam
problem ... Lets see if this works

On 8/29/2006 12:27 PM, "Jonathan Levi, M.D." <drjlevi at netonecom.net> wrote:

> At 10:30 PM -0400 8/28/06, revDAVE wrote:
>> Does anyone know if poor old ailing IBM ViaVoice 3 works any worse in 10.4.7
>> as it did in 10.4.6? I'd like to check b4 I upgrade...
>
> Although the following doesn't exactly answer question, it might
> still be helpful.
>
> I installed 10.4.7 on my office computer, but went back to 10.4. 6,
> not so much because of ViaVoice problems, but problems with other
> applications.

- I am curious what other applications you had trouble with?

- I have a Canon printer -  do you think that will still work?

>ViaVoice is pretty lame either way: VoiceCenter has a
> nasty habit of dying abruptly with the message, "The Microphone Is
> [sic] Been Used Exclusively By Another Application", plus at least
> one suite of commands (containing "backspace", "Pick [n]") doesn't
> get installed.

Here's a solution from David - that ended up being a good workaround...
Sometimes I have to jump between several programs and hit the f8 a few times
before it starts up...

-Email Dupe-