[MV] Quick Microphone Question

revDAVE coolcat at hosting4days.com
Thu May 24 16:08:23 PDT 2007

On 5/24/2007 8:50 AM, "Chuck Rogers" <chuck.rogers at macspeech.com> wrote:

> Dave:
>
> You will ALWAYS need to use a USB adapter with a microphone unless
> you amplify the microphone's signal in some way before you plug it
> into your Mac. The reason for this is because Macintosh computers
> have LINE IN sound input ports, not MIC IN. LINE IN expects an
> amplified signal.
>
> Macintosh computers have not been able to accept a Microphone
> straight in since the original Bondi Blue iMac. Older (much older)
> Macs had a unique "PlainTalk" sound input jack. They still couldn't
> use a normal microphone input, but if you had a special microphone
> with an elongated jack (that could reach the small power supply
> attached to the input jack) you wouldn't need an external amplifier
> (although you still needed to use a special microphone with the right
> type of elongated mini jack).
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Chuck Rogers, Chief Evangelist
> MacSpeech, Inc.

Thanks for the info Chuck!

BTW: I am ready now to buy the 1.7 full upgrade...

I just sent this to tech support - can you help with this at all?

I would like to also purchase the scriptPak CD upgrade, however I would
really appreciate it if you could create some kind of coupon discount and
knock the price down for both of these a little bit. the reason I ask is
that I have supported your company since the very beginning ( when I listen
barely worked) ... and also the fact that I am very low on funds right
now.... anything you can do to help would be greatly appreciated.

Also Chuck Rogers is a GREAT GUY! - does that help too? haha

--
Thanks - RevDave
CoolCat at hosting4days.com
[db-lists]