[MV] macspeech vs dns

Chuck Rogers chuck.rogers at macspeech.com
Wed Sep 19 07:56:29 PDT 2007

Damien (and everyone else):

If iListen isn't giving you tremendous accuracy, please work with our
tech support team, because we know without a shadow of a doubt that
it can and will. As I said so many times before, we acknowledge it
takes longer to achieve that accuracy with iListen than it does with
Dragon. How much longer depends on the individual, but it is ALWAYS a
small investment of time compared to the months or years of use you
will get out of the program. And the convenience of dictating into
absolutely any application makes it worthwhile.

We recently heard from a "switcher" who was initially very frustrated
with iListen's accuracy. We told him two things:

1). Give it two more weeks before you give up;

2). Use Learn My Writing Style EXTENSIVELY during that two weeks.

He now says iListen is as accurate as Dragon ever was for him, and he
would NEVER go back to using it on Windows either on a PC or in
Parallels, because having the dictation go exactly where he wants is
worth so much more. In the interest of being fair, I should also tell
you that he is still adding terms, and he does find that process
tedious, but not overly so.

Our position regarding a Medical vocabulary has not changed: we do
not believe adding 15,000 words (about +5%) to the number of words in
your profile when you are going to use only 500, 1000, or even 2000
is in your best interest in terms of achieving the best accuracy.

Best Regards,

Chuck Rogers, Chief Evangelist
MacSpeech, Inc.