[MV] USB hubs

Chuck Rogers thechuck at mac.com
Fri Jul 3 09:43:43 PDT 2009

Dave (and everyone else):

This was true of USB 1.0 because Apple did not support the USB audio
spec at that time. Any USB 2.0 hub *should* work fine for you, as
supporting USB audio is required to be 2.0 compliant. HOWEVER, I have
found that not all USB 2.0 hubs are equal. Its usually best to avoid
cheaper, off brands. I have had excellent luck with Griffin and Belkin
products. I am especially fond of Griffin because they were one of the
few vendors to support USB audio originally before the 2.0 devices
came out.

Also, I have found that different combinations of devices can
sometimes "clash" when going through a hub, as all of that information
is ultimately being pumped through the same port on the computer. So
if you do have problems, one of the first things to try would be to
put your USB microphone into a dedicated USB port on your computer and
use the hub on a different port.

Chuck Rogers