[PB] first crash on new PB

David Lambourn David.Lambourn at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Nov 5 08:47:40 PST 2004

Hello Jim,

I try to avoid Word if I can - I am obliged to use it for 2 or 3 days a
month - but I have to say that it does produce a 'recovered' file in
the event of an unexpected crash. I am glad of that, though I guess it
is simply a copy of the 'last saved' - I am open to correction on that.

   I am using Word X for Mac Service Release 1. on OS 10.3.5 with 1GB
RAM in a 1.3 GHz Cube.

I have had three 'kernel panics' since installing OSX, and Word has
been open on all three ocassions, and to the best of my memory , was
the top window each time.  So, I suppose my question, for the time
being, would be: Has anyone had a kernel panic when Word wasn't open?

David.