[PB] Test

at leX zifnab at mac.com
Wed Jun 29 02:32:00 PDT 2005

Hi All

I joined this group recently, and have been a member of the Ti list for
ages
The Ti list is an active and interesting list with members such as
Steve Wozniak. (;-) cool or what!)
Several times members have said that the discussions on the Ti list go
WAY off topic (ie// Ti PowerBooks) and they do!
Al laptops, intel laptops, software problems, Steve Jobs and his
keynotes....  you get the idea.

There was a lot of chat about changing the name of that list to reflect
the diversity of powerbook chatter on it
How ever Eric (the Listmom) decided, in his infinite wisdom, that the
list stays as the Ti list and for general powerbook chatter this list
was born.
That is a very reasonable decision, in my book, and I went and joined
the powerbook list.
Little did I expect..........     SILENCE!

OK I got the , you have been subscribed, email so I know the list is
active. Maybe everyone is asleep?
So I am a patient chap, I wait for the alarm bell to ring. 10 days...
no posts  20 days...  no posts. Geesh where is everyone?
28 days and WOW A POST

BTW Hi Pete :-)

and 4 replys !!!!!    hi Jean-Paul, Kevin, Joao and Eric, wave :-).

What's it about?
Oh! laugh a minute, have I been too patient....  6 lurkers and no
posts, finally someone asks what the F**k!
Good on you Pete

I am guessing that the simple answer to your simple question, why no
mail?
is that a very large number of the people that are enthusiastically
talking about general powerbook stuff are already doing so on the Ti
list.
Many of them have Ti's as well as Al's or G3's (me to) and it seems a
natural extension to chat about them.

So what is the answer? I must say that I am not sure.
We could ditch this list and join the Ti list for the general powerbook
chatter we are after, this list would most likely die and thats that.
We could also chat away as we like and have fun here, it is kind of
cool to be in on the start of a new list. We get to ask the question we
want, chat about stuff we like, and the more we do it the more likely
we all again, and of corse the list might even grow.

I'm in for making this list kick off, all who what this to chime in and
let each other know, and lets start posting general power book stuff.
Questions, interesting facts or fiction, good urls to read and chat
about, general moans or glee about laptops.... anything goes its our
list!!!!!!!

Guys let lurk no longer ;-)

Alex