[Ti] Does not compute!

RogueWriter crusader_x at mac.com
Tue Dec 10 22:50:26 PST 2002

I don't have a problem with Apple doing this.  At all.  In my opinion,
the faster they do it, the better.

Not to sound insulting, but did you miss the announcement from Macworld
expo about OS 9 being dead?  As in, no more development?  Apple is
moving on, and is trying to encourage their users and their developers
to do so as well.

As for your extensions, have you tried to setup classic to use them?
Or simply assume that since they don't load when classic starts that it
just won't work?

As for being dictatorial, these arguments sound very similar to those
back when Apple was going from System 7 to OS 8.  True, the emulation
ability needed by OS 8 was nowhere near as complicated as that required
for OS X, but it is the same situation.

In terms of of being able to choose what OS comes on your mac, could
you still get System 7 after PowerPC Macs began shipping with OS 8?  I
don't recall being able to.  If you want to run an older operating
system, then don't buy a new mac.  I have a friend that still uses a PB
150.  Heck, I still had a 5300c up until March of last year.  I've got
a partially assembled 1400c somewhere around here.  If I ever get it
put together, I'm not going to put X on it.  Your software is going to
migrate.  It happens.

Erick