[Ti] Please Please help. Ti 550MHz Won't Boot... Why? Full story inside.

Luke Mazzeri etyrnal at ameritech.net
Thu Dec 12 00:02:55 PST 2002

On Thursday, December 12, 2002, at 01:50 PM, Michael Bigley wrote:

>> Would someone please help me?  (and others who may someday experience
>> this very problem) Please.
>
> Just a WAG, but sounds like the CD device is fried.  IIRC, Target Disk
> Mode does not do any of the boot tasks like checking hardware, just
> powers up the hard drive.

What is you thinking on the CD concept?  I'm curious.

I used an external 12x firewire cd burner (oops - forgot to mention
that) so the internal burner was just being read from  - not written to.

do you still suspect the cdr/dvd drive?

- Luke'ntosh

---
http://www.mp3.com/lukeetyrnal   (music no one likes)