Please Please help. Ti 550MHz Won't Boot... Why?

Milan Kalus milankalus at qwest.net
Thu Dec 12 12:16:06 PST 2002

On Thursday, December 12, 2002, at 11:16  AM, PowerBook G4 Titanium
List wrote:

> Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 09:02:07 -0500
> From: Michael Bigley <wakinyan at fuse.net>
> Subject: Re: [Ti] Please Please help.  Ti 550MHz Won't Boot... Why?
>   Full
>  story inside.
>
>> What is you thinking on the CD concept?  I'm curious.
>>
>> I used an external 12x firewire cd burner (oops - forgot to mention
>> that) so the internal burner was just being read from  - not written
>> to.
>>
>> do you still suspect the cdr/dvd drive?

I would try to unplug all the externals and boot into Disk Warrior
2.1.1 to repair and replace HD directory.If you can boot into OS9 I
would first start OS9 and then boot into DW. From the DW report you
should be able to find out what's wrong and what was repaired.

Milan