[Ti] Apple's True Market Share!

Ric Perrott ric at ricperrott.com
Fri Dec 13 08:58:27 PST 2002

-------------------------------
Ric Perrott
Writer, Poet, Pot-Stirrer
Visit http://www.ricperrott.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Olson" <chris at astcomm.net>
To: "PowerBook G4 Titanium List" <Titanium at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2002 11:43 AM
Subject: Re: [Ti] Apple's True Market Share!

> Ric Perrott wrote:
>
> > And please enlighten us as to your "I know better" statement. What
> > experience exactly do you have that validates your position that
> > Intel/AMD/TransMeta all optimize their processors for Microsoft Windows.
>
> Well, if you think I'm blowing smoke, then argue with companies like AMD
> about the issue:

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_3783_3812,0
0.html

LOL. This is in the first paragraph:

Microsoft designed and optimized Windows® XP for x86 processors like the AMD
Athlon and AMD Duron processor families.

If you can read then you can discern that it was *MICROSOFT* that optimized
the OS for the processor, NOT the other way around. Which is exactly what
we've been saying all along.

Moreover,

a.. AMD supplied systems to Microsoft for the design, development, and
testing of Windows XP.
Which means nothing more than AMD gave MS advance systems so that MS could
configure their software to better work with the hardware.

You really need to take your Linux-blinders off and see things clearly.