[Ti] the green line monster

Kynan Shook kshook at mac.com
Sat Dec 14 09:53:14 PST 2002

Sorry Chris, I phrased that poorly.  What I *should* have said is that
there was some miscommunication somewhere: whether the rep stated it
poorly, or whether he had a poor grasp of what he was communicating I
can't say.  But the truth is that once a problem is fixed, it's only
covered under the 90-day service warranty, the 1-year hardware
warranty, or the 3-year AppleCare warranty, whichever is longer.  If a
problem is fixed and it happens again a year or two out of warranty,
it's completely up to Apple if they will fix it or not; and in most
cases (unless it's just barely out of warranty) they probably won't fix
it.  I just don't want anybody to get their hopes up that since they
had a DVD drive replaced once under warranty, they get to have free DVD
drives for life if theirs ever breaks again.

Christopher Owens <cwosigns at mac.com> writes:
> Don't tell me that I misunderstood the Apple customer service
> representative, because I didn't.  He was quite clear.  If I sent my
> TiBook in to have the paint issue (a manufacturer's defect) addressed
> under warranty, it would be fixed again if it became an issue and was a
> manufacturer's defect.  Unless you were on the phone with me and the
> service rep, do not presume to know what he told me.

Kynan Shook
kshook at mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/kshook/index.html